The NAACP Champaign County Branch serves the people of Champaign County. Our primary focus is to provide programs and services that promote and enhance civil and equal rights, political empowerment, educational excellence, economic development, and outreach, i.e. health, youth, etc. The Champaign County Branch strives to ensure equal access to all rights, privileges and resources that contribute to the quality of life for the people it serves. The strength of our branch lies with the history of the organization and its membership. The Champaign County Branch is committed to building an organization that is trusted, respected and considered an effective resource for the Champaign County community. The overall goal of the branch is to improve the quality of life for the people it serves.
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination.
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution — the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.